Onward's counseling and coaching model
Onward provides specialized intensive, clinically informed support services to the student and their families during the critical time of transition from a wilderness or treatment environment to a boarding school. Onward believes the key to a successful transition is to establish cooperative, responsive and frequent lines of communication between the student, family, boarding school and the educational consultant. Onward works with clients to help them develop relevant academic, social, familial and behavioral goals for the transition period, and maintains the continuous flow of communication within this network via in person visits, and HIPPA compliant emails, phone calls and video conferences. Onward clients work with Darrell Fraize, M.Ed., LCPC, LADC as their counselor and coach in this process.
Onward founder, Darrell Fraize, M.Ed.,LCPC,LADC has worked with hundreds of families. He specializes in the critical period of transition from a treatment environment to boarding school or college.
Darrell Fraize, has spent the last decade working as a wilderness therapist at a northeast program that specializes in academics. Summit Achievement is often considered a first choice for working with students for short term residential treatment after a temporary or permanent separation from boarding school. For some, the return to the school was conditional upon the successful completion of the program and recommendation of the wilderness program therapist. For others, successful completion of the program was the gateway to another or to re apply to their first boarding school.
While at Summit Achievement, Darrell was the founding Program and Clinical Director for Summit Traverse, a residential transition program for students stepping down from a therapeutic environment to a more traditional environment , such as boarding school.
- Onward is not an educational consulting practice. Please contact Darrell or IECA to locate an independent consultant.
- Onward works with students after they have been accepted to boarding school and referred by an educational consultant.
- Onward clients work directly with Darrell Fraize.
- Summertime Onward is a limited seasonal option and does not include correspondence with schools.
- Darrell Fraize meets in person with the student, family and school staff just prior to, or on the day of enrollment and periodically during the duration of the service. Individual, HIPPA compliant messaging, phone and video conferencing sessions are weekly.
- Onward works with no more than 8 students per quarter. Please email for current availability.
- Parents contract quarterly with Onward. There is no fee for the educational consultant or boarding school for students services.
- Onward is based in the northeast. Geographic exceptions are carefully considered and may be appropriate.
- In strict accordance with federal HIPPA compliance, Onward requires a Release of Information Form (ROI) for every contact. A ROI must be secured in advance to discuss specific clinical information about the student from the parent, or the student if over the age of 18.
- Onward makes every effort to maintain client privacy and confidentiality. As a tele mental health and coaching service, Onward employs encryption, password protection, secure data storage and remote memory wiping to safeguard against threats to client records. ONWARD utilizes BestNotes for its client records management.
- Darrell Fraize is an individual professional member of the National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs.